Whether you are in Customer Service or IT/Technical Support, case management is central to what your teams do every day. It is the key behind how efficiently your team runs. Sometimes, it is the difference between sinking or swimming. As such, intelligent case management is critical to your daily operations.
What is Intelligent Case Management
A case is an issue, feature, or support request raised by a customer or helpdesk agent, on client/customer’s behalf, that is “opened” and “closed” over a period. It is a system to track all the activities related to resolving the request or issue raised by the customer. An activity can be any action taken to resolve the case. Note: A ticket is often used interchangeably with the term “case.”
Case Management is the defined process that guides how cases are researched and resolved. Case Management is effective in achieving more successful, optimized outcomes in resolving cases. Standardized processes mean consistent service and results. That is why when case management suffers; you are unable to handle customer issues effectively.
One feature of a mature service management system is Intelligent Case Management. With intelligent case management, you can automate the entire lifecycle of a case, not just workflows and business processes. Intelligent Case Management automates processes and workflows that must occur while being supported by human-driven decision making. Utilization of the right technology facilitates intelligent case management.
Benefits of Intelligent Case Management
Service teams can benefit from intelligent case management in many ways. Here are a few of them:
- Enables service teams to quickly and efficiently respond to customer inquiries, particularly with intelligent case assignment
- Reduces repeat customer contacts and increase first contact resolution (FCR) rates
- Facilitates accurate and streamlined case resolution with automated workflows and processes
- Enables proactive case resolution by giving insight into trending issues that could propagate
- Improves customer interactions with better and consistent service delivery
- Decreases the cost and effort required to provide service
- Keeps case information at the forefront of the representative so they can address each one before moving on to another case
- Gives end users visibility into case status, improving their experience and decreasing the number of contacts they must make into the service center
- Allows businesses to categorize, process and track a customer’s request or inquiry in a structured and timely fashion
- Enables measurement of client/customer satisfaction and success rates
Overall, Intelligent Case Management offers service teams the ability to become effortless, connected, and proactive. The growth of intelligent case management means that in the future, service departments will be seen as a profit center rather than a cost center. This is a result of the service team’s unique position and ability to retain customers and increase market share for the business.